Narrow Bridge Media
Freelance writer with eight years of online writing experience
Eric RosenbergFreelancer Writer
(Note: Many of our writer and editor positions can be filled remotely) NerdWallet is looking for great full-time writers with an entrepreneurial mindset. You have ideas to contribute. You want to do more than earn a living. You want to help build a business. You're highly comfortable with change and taking constructive criticism. You're a strong writer who wants to keep improving and learning new skills.
That's what it takes to thrive at NerdWallet. We've been around since 2009, helping consumers make smart financial decisions. We cover consumer finance -- banking, credit cards, education, health care, insurance, investing, mortgages, personal loans, shopping, small business -- you name it.
We have a content team of 50+ and we're growing.
Our staff writers and editors have worked at outlets such as ABC, Bloomberg, CNN, Dow Jones, ESPN, the LA Times, MarketWatch, MSN, MSN Money, Reuters, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post. We also have staff writers who spent years as successful freelancers. What we have in common: We take initiative. We think strategically. We problem solve effectively. We're adaptable. We're highly collaborative.
WHERE YOU CAN MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Write high-quality stories with reasonable deadlines
- Help build our business
- Flexibility and high comfort with change. (We're a successful startup that will continue to grow and innovate aggressively.)
- A strong work ethic
- A strong command of language
- Attention to details
- The ability to work well on your own, as well as in a team setting
- The ability to juggle multiple projects
- Strong work samples in hard news or complex topics. Our work involves understanding complex topics and explaining them conversationally. We will not consider applicants whose experience is concentrated in sports or features unless you've also covered hard news and provide such work samples. Please include links to your work samples along with your cover letter and resume.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and dependents
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous, flexible vacation
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and a kitchen stocked full of snacks
- In-office fitness classes
- Paid commuter benefits
- Friday happy hours
- Pet-friendly office